Friday 21 February 2014

Recipe Creation

Today I wanted to bake something that has a lot of fruit in it. I think it's really good to consume a lot of fruit because every time I make myself do it, I find that I have way more energy and do more stuff which means I'm in a way better mood. But these days I'd rather make something out of my fruit, and then eat it.

Here is my new recipe, which I pretty much made up as I went along. It might look like cake with fruit in it, but I prefer to think of it as fruit with cake in it.

I exchanged half of the flour for oats, because I hear that oats are incredibly good for you, and I reduced the sugar by 25%, mainly because I was planning on putting a lot of fruit in it anyway.

First I mixed together four ounces of oats with four ounces of self raising flour, eight ounces of margarine, six ounces of brown sugar and four eggs. Then I put in some candied peel, raisins, ground ginger and ground cinnamon. I didn't measure these out, I just whacked a bit in.


Next I took a banana that I had little intention of eating (little bit old, little bit bruised) and took away the bruised parts. I sliced up what was left and added it to my batter. Then I mixed it in with the electric mixer - I didn't want the chunks of banana to be too big.


Next I lined a cake tin. I would rather do this in a loaf tin, really, but I don't own one, so the round cake tin will have to do. I put in a layer of cake, then a tin of mandarin segments (drained). Then another thin layer of cake batter. If you look very carefully, you can still see some parts of orange.




Next I put in a tin of pineapple chunks (also drained). And another layer of cake.


Finally, I added a layer of peaches (another tin, drained). And put the last of the cake mix on top.


Then I put it in the over at 180. Soon after, I changed my mind and turned it down to 150. Fifteen minutes later I decided to put foil over the tin. Anywho it baked for a total of one hour, thereabouts. So it came out of the oven looking like this.


And I left it to cool for an hour before slicing it up and eating a piece.


Mmmm nom nom nom. This is one of the BEST ways to eat fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment