Monday 17 February 2014

Bag Made From a Dress

Hey look at this dress I have. It's pretty innit? Thing is, I never wear it. I think the last time I wore this dress was about 2 years ago.


So I'm gonna turn it into a bag. This is something we in the crafting world like to call re-purposing. First I turn it inside out, and tuck in the trim that's along the hem. The I sew all across the bottom of the dress. The when I've finished, it's basically a bag, with the trim still around the bottom.

å
<


Now. I want a drawstring bag, so I need to make a tunnel in the fabric for the string to go through. I'm going to make this elastic bit into that tunnel, like this.


I made sure to leave a gap in the stitching at each side seam. Then I take two bits of ribbon to feed through for the string. One ribbon comes out of the left, and the other comes out of the right. I stick a safety pin on one end of the ribbon; it's pretty easy to feed a safety pin through the tunnel. Once I have hold of both ends I tie the ribbon together.



Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment