Thursday 20 February 2014

Bow for my Hair

Remember this? It's the thing I made yesterday when I was learning how to knit.


Well it's not much use by itself is it? I'd better turn it into something. I start by sewing the edges together to make a loop of knitting.


Then I flatten it and stitch through both layers.


I found this piece of ribbon - I'm going to stitch it to the back, then wrap the ribbon around and stitch it in place.


Now I'll cut another length of ribbon and do this triangle cut this on the ends (secured against fraying with a tiny bit of glue.


This is a blank hair clip.


Not for long though. First I'll tie a length of thread onto the edge of the clip (there's a convenient little hole for this) and I'll make a couple of stitches in the wool. Then I'll wrap the thread around the clip, making more stitches in my bow along the way. Then I just tie the thread in the hole at the other end and the clip is finished.


I quite like this. I think I'll make the next one even better.


No comments:

Post a Comment