Saturday 11 April 2015

Sporran

In the old days before I used to carry a handbag, sometimes I used to want a pouch on my waist to carry extra things. Now that I do carry a bag I sometimes find it can get in the way if I wanna take my coat off or if I want to move it's position it gets tangled in my hair. So sometimes I still want my bag to be attached to me. So I'm gonna make me a sporran. That means the kind of bag you wear on a kilt.

I found this handbag in the charity shop. I think it will do nicely.


I cut the strap off it and trim it down to be a few inches longer than the circumference of my waist.


I stitch the strap to the back of the bag.


Next I stitch over the ends of the strap to neaten them up. I fix half a snap fastener to one end and half a hook and eye to the other.



I add the hook from the hook and eye further down the belt, measuring to make sure it's the right distance from its counterpart. The I do the same with the second half of the snap fastener.


And that's it. My very own sporran.


No comments:

Post a Comment