Sunday 27 July 2014

I Made a Skirt from a Top

I was in a charity shop when I saw this top.


And I thought it would make a brilliant skirt.

Pretty simple craft - you just cut the top off under the arms and make a waistband where the neckline used to be.


For this one, I decided to make an elastic waistband so I folded a length of ribbon around the cut edge and stitched it together at the edge, creating a tunnel for the elastic.


I made it so the ribbon would overlap, and I left the last bit unfinished while I threaded the elastic through. The easiest way to do this (in my opinion) is to attach a safety pin to the elastic and push the pin through the tunnel.



Once it was through, I sewed the two ends of elastic together and stitched the last bit of ribbon in place.


Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment