Monday 15 July 2013

Picnic in the Park

This week has been annoyingly hot. I've hated it. People think I'm crazy; I think they're crazy.
The way it seems to me, the human body does all it can to remain at a healthy 37 degrees. It creates more heat than it intends to retain because outside is usually pretty cold. When the outdoor temperature is too high, the body can't lose all of its excess heat. Much like a fever, this can lead to symptoms such as loss of appetite, headaches, insomnia and fatigue. It becomes almost impossible to function as a normal person.
To make things worse, everybody around me seems to be really happy about this uncomfortable weather, in spite of the fact that they're all complaining about 'heat exhaustion'.

Well, yesterday I decided: I'm not gonna let the weather beat me. I took some paracetamol, drank a load of fruit juice and put on half a bottle of sun cream and a tiny dress that just about covers the essentials.

We decided to go for a picnic.

These are my favourite cheese and onion sandwiches.
Get all these things in a bowl and mix them all up. Spread cream cheese on the bread then fill with the stuff you just mixed up. Good eats!

And I ran around the house looking for other things to take (ok, I didn't actually run - too hot for that).

And I found a blanket. It's not a real picnic blanket complete with ground sheet - it's a bedtime blanket. I figured it would be OK since it's not rained in days and bed blankets are softer than floor blankets.

James brought some food too. NOMS!!!

The choc-ice experiment

Q - How long will it take for a choc-ice to melt in a cool bag?

A - Well it's about as soft as can be accepted after about an hour and a half. Wouldn't leave it any longer than that really.

Then we ate our food and had chats and stuff. And James gave me a present!
I like presents! And teapots. And tiny things!!! What a good boyfriend I have :)

And I went to the Ice Cream van.

Then we sat in the sun reading for about an hour. It was around this time that I started to understand why people like hot weather. It's not so bad when you don't actually have to do anything.

Anywho, I'm tired now, probably because I've not had a decent night's sleep in about a week. Off to bed. Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment