Wednesday 10 April 2013

Yellow Jeans

On Sunday afternoon, I was bored. At a loss for things to do (that is, things I could actually be bothered to do - I'm quite a lazy person at heart, really). Anywho, I had a look through my bag of sewing stuff to see if there was anything in there and I found my yellow jeans.



They were once white jeans, but I dyed them last year for some costume party.
tex
Anywho, it got me thinking I could take them with me to We Are All Trees (a festival I'll be attending later this month). Then I thought they could be a little more interesting. So I went through my crafty bits and found this lot.



Right. Get started. First off, I'm not too happy about this button. I sewed a scrap of fabric around it.





Right. Now to get out the fabric pastels.













These card making things are pretty. I stitch it on through the button holes.













Next, some sequins.




And fabric pens.


Then I get this stuff. It's 3D paint.


And then the pens and pastels again


Now, for my right leg, I cut a star out of felt and used it as a stamp to print on some fabric paint. I stamped two colours on top of each other, like so.


Then I filled in the gaps with the third colour. I didn't wash my paintbrush between the three colours, so get a bit of a marbley effect in it.


And I think those are pretty so I made a littler star out of more felt to do more of similar. Maybe only two colours this time. 


 Yay! Finished! Just have to iron them to lock in the colours.


I am no longer bored.































































No comments:

Post a Comment