Friday 27 March 2015

Triangle Bin

James needs a bin for his room. James likes TRIANGLES. I made him a TRIANGLE bin out of paper mache. I like paper mache.

I rolled up three sheets of newspaper, folded them in half and taped them together to make a TRIANGLE.


I did this a few times and layered all the TRIANGLES on top of each other.


I started to paper mache it. I thought if I did too much at once it might get soggy and collapse so I just did one layer on the outside and just over the top. Then I left it to dry for four months.


Next I did the inside and then the floor, which I made from the newspaper sheet I'd initially used to stop the thing gluing itself to the table. As that sheet was stuck in place anyway, I just folded it over and glued down.


Then I decided the edges looked too chunky so I squashed them down with a book (which I wrapped in a plastic sheet because I wasn't gonna accidentally glue anything else to it).


After all three edges had been squashed the TRIANGLE was ready for decorating. James likes TRIANGLES, so I cut up loads of TRIANGLES from different colours of paper, card and tissue paper.

I squirted a few paints onto the bin and swirled it around to cover the newspaper. Then, with the paint still wet, I started to stick my TRIANGLES all over it. I added PVA glue for the paper and card ones but the tissue paper ones didn't need it.



Once it had dried I painted the inside. I didn't stick any TRIANGLES in there because you wouldn't see them if he's using his bin, but I did glue a few more tissue paper ones to the outside. And I let some of them overlap to create EXTRA TRIANGLES!


After it had dried it still didn't have enough TRIANGLES covering it, so I drew some on with felt tip pens.



I think that's enough triangles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment