Tuesday 3 December 2013

Change of Address

Well, it's been a while since I've posted anything. That's because I've been BUSY moving house. I've now grown up and got my own little studio apartment. And I'm LOVING it!!!

So, to celebrate this momentous occasion, I'm going to tell everyone all about it. By sending out change of address cards.

And I got really excited and I couldn't settle on one idea. So I did four.

I folded a card in half to make a house. Then I stabbed it with scissors to cut out holes for the windows.


And I put blue cellophane in the holes and I glued on a roof cut out from foam.


I wrote my new address inside the card (then I realised you can see the writing through the windows so I glued a blue piece of card inside them). And I glued on a card door with a sequin handle.


And I copied the idea with different materials / colours (and this time I was clever enough to just make the windows with card).



I drew a big key on a piece of card, and I cut it out.


Then I rubbed out the pencil and went around the edges with a felt pen and I wrote on it.


And I wrote my address on it. (but that bit's censored - you don't get to know where I live). And I made another key.



I'm making a collage house, starting with this square of red paper.


And I cut out some green felt for grass (for the garden). And the blue bit's the sky. See where I'm going with this?


And put the house on the hill, and flowers on the hillside.


And then I write my new address on it and I make another the same but different.



And last one. I write my address in wax crayon. The I paint on it a picture of a house, in watercolours. When it dries, the wax is on top. Magic :)


I know I could have just written on top after the painting dried, but this way is more fun.


Anywho, I'll leave you with the image of the baby cactus Lucius (who's not so much of a baby anymore) Remember 5 months ago when I made him a planter from a melted record? Well, look how much he's grown. And he's got babies of his own now :D

No comments:

Post a Comment