Friday 7 June 2013

Paper Stars

The other day I was fed up. I was bored and to make things worse couldn't be bothered to exert any energy on anything. It's difficult to stop being bored when you don't want to do anything.

Lucky for me, my friend Helen had given me a birthday present - a make your own paper star kit.


It's made up of lots of sheets of pretty paper; on the back of each sheet is a template to cut out.


I cut them all out.


Then I folded them where the marking told me to. The kit comes with these little clear stickers to stick the bits down.


Then it says in the instructions to put a pencil down the legs to make them 3D.


Then I have to put thread through them all. It comes with a needle to make the holes with.


Then, the hardest bit, I had to tie a knot at the top, but so that the bits would all be squashed together.


Done!

Then there were small templates for two little stars. Same process, really. The only difference was that you fold the sheet in half to cut out two stars at the same time, like so:



Done it.

Aren't they pretty?


And then I was in a much better mood. So I learned that when I can't be bothered I still need to find something to do, but it has to be something that's quite relaxed and that I can do whilst sat in front of the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment