Saturday 18 May 2013

Look at this dress what that I made!!


Here is a top that I hate. I mean, I don't think I have EVER liked this top. I'm not even sure why I own it.

I cut the sleeves off and sewed them together to make a waistband
  

Then I found this fabric that I love and I sewed two chunks of it to my waistband.

Next I put on what was left of mt top, wrapped the skirt around my waist and pinned it in place before sewing it on. I only sewed about three quarters of the way round. Mainly because I haven't worked out how to stitch stretchy fabric but let it still stretch.

Skirt in place, now to sort out the neck of this blasted top. Snip snip!!

And I cut out two triangles of the red fabric for a mock collar. 



Ooh, pretty. Finally, two buttons to fasten the skirt. I don't have a good picture for this, sorry. 

Here's my dress:











No comments:

Post a Comment